Have you ever had a great hat, but it just didn’t fit right? Hats come in many sizes but that doesn’t mean that it’s easy to find one that fits. Here are a few tips about finding the right hat size for you. In trying on a hat, move around in it and move your head back and forth to see if it stays in place. Make sure the hat is not too tight, if it leaves a mark on your forehead or is difficult to remove, it will be too uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time and can leaves marks on your head or mess up your hair.
- When looking for a hat, look for one that has a way to be tightened. For example, some hats have a string sewed in to it to tighten to your head size.
- If you have a hat that is too large for your head you can purchase fabric bands to place in your hat.
If you are purchasing a custom made hat you can have the hat be perfectly made to fit your head. Here are the steps to finding your head size.
- Take the tape measure and wrap it around the circumference of your head where the hat would sit.
- Write down the measurement and you are done.
Don’t have a tape measure? Don’t worry, just grab a ribbon or string.
- Take the ribbon and wrap it around the circumference of your head where the hat would sit.
- Mark the point of measurement with a pin, or to be safe, a pen mark.
- Sit the ribbon next to a ruler and compare the measurement.
By Anne Kreke